giovanni

Default cannot set font size to 10 in table

Hi,

I am having the following problem when setting up a table using Word 2003:

I create a table and then open the Style and Formatting side pane. Then I
click on the table format that I just applied and select Modify. I am able to
correctly set all the properties I want (font type, bold, italic) except for
Font Size. I can select any font size except for size 10. If I select 10 the
size box remains empty, any other size will work. Is this a bug or I am doing
somethng wrong? Thank you for your help.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Z2lvdmFubmk=?=,

Yes, I've reported it in the beta tests in both Word 2002 and 2003. Apparently,
it doesn't have a particularly high priority...

FWIW, if I change the definition of the NORMAL style to 10 pt, then the table
style will accept and reflect it.

I am having the following problem when setting up a table using Word 2003:

I create a table and then open the Style and Formatting side pane. Then I
click on the table format that I just applied and select Modify. I am able to
correctly set all the properties I want (font type, bold, italic) except for
Font Size. I can select any font size except for size 10. If I select 10 the
size box remains empty, any other size will work. Is this a bug or I am doing
somethng wrong?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

giovanni

Thanks for your input. I will use paragraph styles instead. I can't set the
definition of NORMAT size to 10 otherwise I will affect most of my paper.

Thanks again and lets hope that this will get fixed.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

[...]

FWIW, you should not be using Normal for your Body Text. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...BodyStyles.htm

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

[...]

or reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

giovanni

Thanks for the advice. Most of the time in fact I don't. But the problem is
the same, if I set the size of NORMAL to 10, everything else will want to be
10, unless I specify otherwise. I just wish I could set the table font size
to 10 as it should be possible. Thanks anyway.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

[...]

You can divorce your other styles from Normal and base them on another style
(or no style). See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...esCascade.html

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

FWIW, you should not be using Normal for your Body Text. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...BodyStyles.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

[...]

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow

question
or reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)