Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
wisco wisco is offline

Default changing styles for sub-bullet points

I use a document often that basically consists of a bullet-point list. The
first level bullet-points function as headings and other info is below in
indented sub-bullet points. I would like to be able to set a style for the
first-level bullets and then a different style for all sub-bullet points. For
instance if the first level bullet-points are Arial, 12pt. blue, I would like
all sub-bullets to be Arial 10pt black.

Right now since the style for the first bullet point is cascading down to
the sub-levels I'm doing a lot of direct reformatting and I would like to set
up the document to avoid that. Can anyone tell me how I could do this?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
wisco wisco is offline

The link you sent is 404 but I will poke around the site and see if I can
find where they moved it to. Thanks!

"wisco" wrote in message
I use a document often that basically consists of a bullet-point list. The
first level bullet-points function as headings and other info is below in
indented sub-bullet points. I would like to be able to set a style for the
first-level bullets and then a different style for all sub-bullet points.
For
instance if the first level bullet-points are Arial, 12pt. blue, I would
like
all sub-bullets to be Arial 10pt black.

Right now since the style for the first bullet point is cascading down to
the sub-levels I'm doing a lot of direct reformatting and I would like to
set
up the document to avoid that. Can anyone tell me how I could do this?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The current link seems to be
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html (note the l
on the end). I believe Shauna has moved to a new host with perhaps a
different sort of server, and hence the difference. I'll need to update all
my links. sigh

"wisco" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Anne Troy[_3_] Anne Troy[_3_] is offline

"wisco" wrote in message
I use a document often that basically consists of a bullet-point list. The
first level bullet-points function as headings and other info is below in
indented sub-bullet points. I would like to be able to set a style for the
first-level bullets and then a different style for all sub-bullet points.
For
instance if the first level bullet-points are Arial, 12pt. blue, I would
like
all sub-bullets to be Arial 10pt black.

Right now since the style for the first bullet point is cascading down to
the sub-levels I'm doing a lot of direct reformatting and I would like to
set
up the document to avoid that. Can anyone tell me how I could do this?

TIA- Hide quoted text -

Try this:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html