Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sue

Default Changing Fonts - Word 2000

Hello,

I'm struggling with changing fonts in the Mail Merge in Word 2000/Windows
2000. I'm creating mailing labels. I'd like to have the street address line
be a different font than the rest of the address label. I've looked at MS
Support article # 212354, and also Graham Mayor's site (terrific!) It suggest
removing MERGEFIELD and replacing it with the REF code.

Here's what I've done.
1. Open Mail Merge Helper
2. Create New Main Document
3. Do Step 2 - Open Data Source (an existing one)
4. Click Set up Main Document button
5. Insert required merge fields
6. I go back to Step 1, and choose Edit Mailing Label...
7. Remove MERGEFIELD and replace with REF code.
8. Return to Step 3, and choose Merge to New Document so I can review.
When I do this, I don't see my formatting applied.

I must be doing something at the wrong time, but I can't figure it out! I
appreciate any help.

Sue

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

If the merge field has a \* mergeformat switch, remove it and replace it
with a \* charformat switch and apply the required font formatting to the m
of mergefield. You will need to use Ctrl+F9 to toggle on the display of
field codes to do this.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Sue" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sue

Hi Doug,

Thanks so much for your feedback! One thing I'm confused about is exactly
where I make this change. When I'm using the Mail Merge Helper, at which
step in the process (and where) would I make this change?

Sue