melinda

Default How can I save a Word document to ascii text?

A plain text file will not work in this instance.

Thanks!

Melinda

What version of Word? In Word 2003 (and possibly 2002), when you select
"Plain text (*.txt)," Word opens a dialog giving you further options

"melinda" wrote in message
A plain text file will not work in this instance.

Thanks!

Melinda

Jay Freedman

I think that may depend on the installation history of your system. My copy
of Word 2003 at home (version-upgraded multiple times over the years) does
give me that dialog, but the one here at work does not.

There are many threads archived in Google Groups that ask about this, but
there doesn't seem to be any definitive answer about how to get the
converter installed if you don't have it. The supplementary converter
package you can download from the Microsoft site doesn't have it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"melinda" wrote in message
A plain text file will not work in this instance.

Thanks!

Melinda

Dan Corban

I have Word 2002 and it does open the conversion dialog when saving as plain
text. I have never had any other versions of Office or Word.