Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robinstheone

Default How do I open a word file straight into print view ?

I want to open a word file so that it appears straight into Print view rather
than "normal" view. I can't seem to isolate exactly which settings that I
have to adjust.
I know that it is possible as I have a similar file that does exactly that,
but I can't find out what is different in the structure of the document
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 15:16:30 -0800, Robinstheone
wrote:

I want to open a word file so that it appears straight into Print view rather
than "normal" view. I can't seem to isolate exactly which settings that I
have to adjust.
I know that it is possible as I have a similar file that does exactly that,
but I can't find out what is different in the structure of the document

Documents normally reopen in the same view in which they were last
saved. To set the view for the blank document you get when you open
Word without some existing document, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...iewAndZoom.htm.

If you open documents from email attachments, you may need to go to
Tools Options General and uncheck "Allow starting in Reading
Layout" (depending on your version of Office).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman