Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave Dave is offline

Default Hyperlinking or cross referencing in Word 2007

I am trying to hyperlink or cross reference certain cells in one document to
certain cells in another document. I can hyperlink to the right place but
the information is not updating. I am basically trying to complete two forms
at once to avoid a vast amount of redundancy.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Insert text form fields and then use REF fields to repeat the data. Remember
to check the "Calculate on exit" setting for each of the referenced fields.

For more on forms in general, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...nTheBlanks.htm.

Note that in Word 2007, the commands for form fields can be found on the
Developer tab of the ribbon.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Dave" wrote:

I am trying to hyperlink or cross reference certain cells in one document to
certain cells in another document. I can hyperlink to the right place but
the information is not updating. I am basically trying to complete two forms
at once to avoid a vast amount of redundancy.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I apologize; apparently, I misunderstood your first post. What I suggested
can be used to repeat data *within* a protected document; for more on this
and similar methods, see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm.

Cross-referencing data *between* documents will be trickier, especially if
the documents are protected for forms. Hyperlinking is more straightforward:
you can copy the text and then use Home tab | Paste | Paste as Hyperlink.
But, again, this will be more or less impossible in a protected document.
For more knowledgeable assistance, you may want to ask in a programming
newsgroup such as microsoft.public.word.vba.general.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news