Rick Raubenheimer

Default How to make a word start with a Capital letter when dictating?

Please tell me how to specify that the next word should start with a Capital
letter while I am dictating in Word 2003. Help is silent on the issue, so is
the Knowledgebase. Has the idea not occurred to the brilliant minds at
Microsoft?to

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

This is a question, not a suggestion. Have you tried dictating the word
"Caps" or "Capital"? I can't find anything in the Help files to suggest that
this would work, but it's worth a try. I suspect that Word will capitalize
automatically at the beginning of a sentence (that is, after you've dictated
a period or "dot") and will capitalize words that you've entered in its
vocabulary as proper nouns. Beyond that, you may have to do this manually
when you go back to edit your dictation.

"Rick Raubenheimer" wrote in
message ...
Please tell me how to specify that the next word should start with a

Capital
letter while I am dictating in Word 2003. Help is silent on the issue, so

is
the Knowledgebase. Has the idea not occurred to the brilliant minds at
Microsoft?to

----------------

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Rick Raubenheimer

Dear Suzanne

Dictating the word "Caps" or "Capital" does not work.
Yes, Word will capitalize automatically at the beginning of a sentence and
proper nouns. I frequently capitalize words in my work (the names of Access
Forms and Reports in a Specification, for example) and having to then "voice
command, select word, format, change case, initial caps, OK, dictation" is a
royal pain in the you-know-where and really reduces the value of dictation!
How about this as a suggestion for Office 2019? (I know Microsoft are not
quick responders!)