Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ms4me2 ms4me2 is offline

Default The insert auto text for the date is not working

I have MS Office 03- I have not been able to have the auto insert of todays
date work for me. It will insert the month but that is as far as it goes.
I've done what the help menu suggested regarding the AutoText menu option but
it was already set correctly to auto complete. I wonder if I need to change
something in the system? Or is there another area in the options that I'm
not seeing? Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

AutoComplete for dates in Word is overbilled. If I begin to type
"September," Word will give me an AutoComplete tip for that. If I accept it,
I've received all the help I'm going to get. If I complete the typing of
September and press the spacebar, Word will prompt with the rest of today's
date, and I can accept that prompt. But you don't get two shots at it,
unfortunately.

news