Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Drexxyl

Default Remove fading from a header so that an inserted picture is clear?

If I insert a picture in a header or footer, once I close the header the
image becomes faded out. It still prints fine, but I want to send the
document to other people and the image looks terrible. Is there anyway that I
can get rid of this fading so that the header is always clearly visible?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Remove fading from a header so that an inserted picture is clear?

Yes, there is a way to remove the fading from a header so that an inserted picture is clear. Here are the steps to follow:
  1. Double-click on the header to open it.
  2. Click on the "Header & Footer Tools" tab that appears.
  3. Click on the "Design" tab that appears.
  4. Look for the "Options" group and click on "Different First Page".
  5. Click on "Close Header and Footer" to exit the header.
  6. Right-click on the header and select "Format Picture".
  7. Click on the "Picture" tab.
  8. Look for the "Image Control" group and click on "Washout".
  9. Uncheck the "Washout" option.
  10. Click "OK" to close the "Format Picture" dialog box.

Now your inserted picture should be clear and not faded out in the header. You can repeat these steps for any other headers or footers in your document.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

H/F are a different 'layer' than the text content of a doc, so as long as you
are in an *editing* view the layer you active in will be more vivid than the
other layer.

The 2 easiest options are to instruct the recipients to use Print Preview or
send them PDFs rather than a copy of the doc.

HTH |:)

"Drexxyl" wrote:

If I insert a picture in a header or footer, once I close the header the
image becomes faded out. It still prints fine, but I want to send the
document to other people and the image looks terrible. Is there anyway that I
can get rid of this fading so that the header is always clearly visible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier

Sorry. That is the way that Word works. I suggest that you print
your document to PDF and send that. The PDF document will most
closely represent your printed document.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and
questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.