Louise

Default adding the post code

I have created a mail merge and have changed the ZIP Code to Post Code, for
the UK. I have used the match fields option, so Word knows to use the Post
Code, however, when i use the address block and the letters are printed, the
post code is always printed on the same line as the City.

Any idea why this happens???

thank you.

Louise
Graham Mayor

Are you using the AddressBlock field in your merge?
Ignore that and insert the individual fields that make up the address
See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm

Louise wrote:
I have created a mail merge and have changed the ZIP Code to Post
Code, for the UK. I have used the match fields option, so Word knows
to use the Post Code, however, when i use the address block and the
letters are printed, the post code is always printed on the same line
as the City.

Any idea why this happens???

thank you.

Louise

Louise

Hi

yes i have been using the address block, i thought that was the quickest way
rather than inserting the fields individually.

Thank you.

Louise wrote:
I have created a mail merge and have changed the ZIP Code to Post
Code, for the UK. I have used the match fields option, so Word knows
to use the Post Code, however, when i use the address block and the
letters are printed, the post code is always printed on the same line
as the City.

Any idea why this happens???

thank you.

Louise

Graham Mayor

It's only quicker if it does what you want

Louise wrote:
I have created a mail merge and have changed the ZIP Code to Post
Code, for the UK. I have used the match fields option, so Word
knows to use the Post Code, however, when i use the address block
and the letters are printed, the post code is always printed on the
same line as the City.

Any idea why this happens???

thank you.

Louise

Word puts Post Code alongside Town when using Outlook Contacts Bearcub Microsoft Word Help 3 June 24th 07 02:04 PM
how do I associate a query to SQL code in a Word 2003 mail merge mm1861 Mailmerge 1 March 24th 05 12:40 PM
UPC BAR CODE davek Microsoft Word Help 4 March 23rd 05 12:16 AM
I want to print staped post office post cards butlerdh Microsoft Word Help 1 January 28th 05 03:12 AM
How do I use the PRINT field code to ... Dave Microsoft Word Help 3 December 13th 04 04:06 PM