Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FARAZ QURESHI FARAZ QURESHI is offline

Default TEXT IN DOTTED LINES, IS IT POSSIBLE?

I am looking forward to have my child start writing and learn some letters.
Is it possible to have some fonts, being enlarged ant written in dotted
format so as to allow my son to trace such lines and learn writing?

--

Best Regards,
FARAZ A. QURESHI
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: TEXT IN DOTTED LINES, IS IT POSSIBLE?

Hi Faraz!

Yes, it is definitely possible to have text in dotted lines to help your child learn how to write. Here's how you can do it in Microsoft Word:
  1. Open a new Word document and type the text that you want to have in dotted lines.
  2. Highlight the text and change the font to a dotted font. Some examples of dotted fonts are "KG Primary Dots" or "Trace Font for Kids".
  3. Enlarge the font size to make it easier for your child to trace. You can do this by selecting the text and clicking on the font size drop-down menu in the Home tab.
  4. Next, you'll want to add dotted lines underneath the text. To do this, go to the Insert tab and click on Shapes.
  5. Choose the line shape and draw a line underneath the text. You can adjust the length and thickness of the line by clicking and dragging on the ends of the line.
  6. Finally, right-click on the line and select Format Shape. In the Line Style tab, change the type of line to a dotted line.

Now your text should be in a dotted font with dotted lines underneath for your child to trace. You can print out the document and have your child practice tracing the letters. Good luck and have fun teaching your child how to write!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you Google for Dotted Line Font, you should find what you are looking
for.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"FARAZ QURESHI" wrote in message
I am looking forward to have my child start writing and learn some letters.
Is it possible to have some fonts, being enlarged ant written in dotted
format so as to allow my son to trace such lines and learn writing?

--

Best Regards,
FARAZ A. QURESHI

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

These links are old and may not still be valid, but you can try them:

Set of 6 block letter fonts for teachers (including dotted, with arrows, and
guided) for $19.95
http://www.fontmenu.com/site/_BlockLetters.html
Same for cursive (also using D'Nealian system):
http://www.fontmenu.com/site/_CursiveHandwriting.html
Free samples available for evaluation

"FARAZ QURESHI" wrote in message
I am looking forward to have my child start writing and learn some letters.
Is it possible to have some fonts, being enlarged ant written in dotted
format so as to allow my son to trace such lines and learn writing?

--

Best Regards,
FARAZ A. QURESHI

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Try using a simple font, like Arial, make the letters 72 pts (or larger),
and then change them from black to a light color (for example, grey, pink,
yellow, light blue). Your child could trace the letter just as easily as if
it was dotted. :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"FARAZ QURESHI" wrote in message
I am looking forward to have my child start writing and learn some letters.
Is it possible to have some fonts, being enlarged ant written in dotted
format so as to allow my son to trace such lines and learn writing?

--

Best Regards,
FARAZ A. QURESHI

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

An especially useful suggestion if the child is learning a non-roman
alphabet (as FQ's name suggests is possible), where such resources may
not be available.

On Jun 14, 9:02*am, "JoAnn Paules"
wrote:
Try using a simple font, like Arial, make the letters 72 pts (or larger),
and then change them from black to a light color (for example, grey, pink,
yellow, light blue). Your child could trace the letter just as easily as if
it was dotted. *:-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"FARAZ QURESHI" wrote in message

I am looking forward to have my child start writing and learn some letters.
Is it possible to have some fonts, being enlarged ant written in dotted
format so as to allow my son to trace such lines and learn writing?

--

Best Regards,
FARAZ A. QURESHI- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

That was one of those things that just popped into my mind when I read the
question. :-)

(Every squirrel finds a nut now and then.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote:
Try using a simple font, like Arial, make the letters 72 pts (or larger),
and then change them from black to a light color (for example, grey, pink,
yellow, light blue). Your child could trace the letter just as easily as
if
it was dotted. :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"FARAZ QURESHI" wrote in message

I am looking forward to have my child start writing and learn some
letters.
Is it possible to have some fonts, being enlarged ant written in dotted
format so as to allow my son to trace such lines and learn writing?

--

Best Regards,
FARAZ A. QURESHI- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
StevenM[_2_] StevenM[_2_] is offline

To add to JoAnn's suggestion: Try using a simple font, like Arial, make
the letters 72 pts (or larger), and then change them from black to a light
color (for example, grey, pink, yellow, light blue). Your child could trace
the letter just as easily as if it was dotted.

You can also add the outline effect to the letters. Goto: Format Font and
click "outline."

Steven Craig Miller
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I've often wondered to what extent users actually use the Outline, Emboss,
Engrave, and Shadow effects for text (much less the various blinking effects
and marching ants and such*). But your suggestion suggests to me that adding
"broken" or "dotted" as a text effect would be quite useful.

*I do know at least one MVP who formats Normal style as bright pink with
marching ants so it is easy to tell when she has missed applying a specific
paragraph style to any text. g

"StevenM" stevencraigmiller(at)comcast(dot)net wrote in message
To add to JoAnn's suggestion: Try using a simple font, like Arial, make
the letters 72 pts (or larger), and then change them from black to a light
color (for example, grey, pink, yellow, light blue). Your child could
trace
the letter just as easily as if it was dotted.

You can also add the outline effect to the letters. Goto: Format Font
and
click "outline."

Steven Craig Miller

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Even if she's so young a squirrel that she never heard of WordStar --
I think it came with my first DOS computer. (My first computer was a
Keypro 4/84, which came with PerfectWriter -- which could actually do
a few things that no modern word processor can.)

wrote:

Try using a simple font, like Arial, make the letters 72 pts (or larger),
and then change them from black to a light color (for example, grey, pink,
yellow, light blue). Your child could trace the letter just as easily as
if
it was dotted. :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"FARAZ QURESHI" wrote in message

I am looking forward to have my child start writing and learn some
letters.
Is it possible to have some fonts, being enlarged ant written in dotted
format so as to allow my son to trace such lines and learn writing?

--

Best Regards,
FARAZ A. QURESHI-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

How can she stand to even look at bright pink? I had to do a global
change of someone's highlighting once because they used that color and
it hurt my eyes to have it on the screen. (Don't remember how, since
you can't Find/Replace highlight color.)

On Jun 14, 11:16*am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
StevenM[_2_] StevenM[_2_] is offline

"grammatim" wrote: How can she stand to even look at bright pink?

Suzanne will correct me if I'm wrong, but I assumed that was the point!
(Namely, she wasn't going to use the "Normal" style in her documents.)

Steven Craig Miller

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Heard of WordStar but my first version of a word processor was Word 2.0 in
DOS. I was already well past the age of majority. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote:

Try using a simple font, like Arial, make the letters 72 pts (or
larger),
and then change them from black to a light color (for example, grey,
pink,
yellow, light blue). Your child could trace the letter just as easily as
if
it was dotted. :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"FARAZ QURESHI" wrote in
message

I am looking forward to have my child start writing and learn some
letters.
Is it possible to have some fonts, being enlarged ant written in
dotted
format so as to allow my son to trace such lines and learn writing?

--

Best Regards,
FARAZ A. QURESHI-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AnDrI K. AnDrI K. is offline

Well look in the format and find the background and other things in there.
You should find them.... Good Luck!