#1   Report Post  

Default Automatic Numbering to ignore hidden text?

Hello all,

If anyone could inform me of a setting (or a work around) this, it would be fantastic. This has certainly been a problem for me.

The situation is that I'm attempting to generate a list of items which is automatically numbered. This list is automatically generated through a program which uses Word as it's document output. There are times when certain items on this list are not included, in which case the text is hidden. The issue I am having is that the hidden text is still pulling out a number from the automatic numbering function in Word.

e.g.

List of fruit:

1) Apples

2) Oranges

3) Beef

4) Pears

In this case, item 3 will be hidden, but the output is as follows:

1) Apples

2) Oranges

4) Pears

Item 3) Beef is actually still present in the document, but just hidden. Is there a way to have "Pears" come in as item 3?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,