Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Peyton Todd

Default How can I remove the section breaks?

At least I think they're called section breaks...

Word has this great feature where you can type a few dashes and press Enter,
you you get a line appearing all the way across the page. But how can you get
rid of it once you have it?

I select it, along with text both above and below it, and press Delete, but
it refuses to go away!

Thanks in advance.
--
Peyton Todd
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See the article "There is a line in my document that I can't delete because
I can't select it. How did it get there, and what can I do about it?" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...tRidOfLine.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Peyton Todd" wrote in message
At least I think they're called section breaks...

Word has this great feature where you can type a few dashes and press
Enter,
you you get a line appearing all the way across the page. But how can you
get
rid of it once you have it?

I select it, along with text both above and below it, and press Delete,
but
it refuses to go away!

Thanks in advance.
--
Peyton Todd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Peyton Todd

Thanks again, Doug! That worked, too, so now you're batting two for two. But
suddenly I have a new problem, which I just posted in the Word Tables
section: when I move the mouse pointer over horizontal lines in tables, it no
longer turns into a couple of little double lines to let me drag them up and
down!

--
Peyton Todd

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Peyton Todd

Thanks once more! At the risk of sounding too sappy, it's great to know there
are people like you there who know stuff!
--
Peyton Todd