Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sloane in Charleston SC Sloane in Charleston SC is offline

Default How do you delete a page of content in a Word 2007 document?

I have tried to follow the instructions in the help section but I can not
seem to be able to delete a whole page.

I have several pages in the working document that have been refined later in
the document and I need to go back and remove the pages.

I hate to go through and delete each item on the page since I am wary of
losing the formatting I have done in the pages after the ones to be deleted.

THanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Unlike Publisher, Word isn't a page-oriented editor. So, how you delete a
"page" would depend on how that page is created. If the document is a
one-section document, then a "page" is simply all the text that happens to
appear on a given page. The "page" contents will change if you add or delete
text above that page. Deleting a "page" is simply a matter of selecting
everything from the top of the page to the bottom and tapping the Delete
key.

In all this... it helps you get a better handle on what you're working with
if you are displaying non-printing formatting marks. Press Ctrl+Shift+8 to
toggle them on if they're not already displayed.

If the page is there because of one or more section breaks, then it's
potentially more complicated because the formatting for that page--if
different from the rest of the document--might be stored in a section break.
In this case, you would want to take a look at any page-related formatting
that might be different in the different section, and to delete the
next-page section break that contains the formatting that's associated with
the page you want to delete, along with the contents of that page.

As a general rule, if I wanted to delete such a page, I would select from
the top of the page down to and including the section break at the bottom
of that page, and tap the delete key.

If the document contains plain page breaks, they're less of a problem than
section breaks. I would use the same technique, however, and select from the
top of the page down to and including any physical page break at the bottom
of the page, and tap the delete key.

Keep in mind that if something horrible or unexpected happens, you can
always press Ctrl+Z (UnDo) to reverse the deletion and try something
different.

If this doesn't help...It would help if you could describe the contents of
your document and any section or page breaks it contains, as well as which
Help instructions you're following.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
wrote in message
I have tried to follow the instructions in the help section but I can not
seem to be able to delete a whole page.

I have several pages in the working document that have been refined later
in
the document and I need to go back and remove the pages.

I hate to go through and delete each item on the page since I am wary of
losing the formatting I have done in the pages after the ones to be
deleted.

THanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

And can you believe that after all ya go through trying [endlessly] to
clarify the "Word doesn't know what a page is" issue, MS has gone and added
an *Blank Page* button on the Insert Tab of the Ribbon in 2007?... Go
figure!!! %{

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/5/07 9:11 AM, in article , "Herb
Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Connie Braziel Connie Braziel is offline

Default How do I delete a whole page using Microsoft Word 2007?

I need to know how to delete a whole page using Microsoft Word 2007, but the document is in 97-2003 Compatibility Mode. The essay is due TODAY!

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Select the page content and press Delete. If the page is blank, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm