Graemis

Default how do i search and replace in multiple word documents

I have a requirement, that is to highlight a ref. code (that stands for our
college) that ocurs a dozen times in a 120 page document. This code also
appears in 20 or so documents. It is possible to highlight in phrase easily
using seach and replace in a single doc, but is it possible to apply the same
search to multiple documents? and if so how.
Thanks
Jonathan West

"Graemis" wrote in message
I have a requirement, that is to highlight a ref. code (that stands for our
college) that ocurs a dozen times in a 120 page document. This code also
appears in 20 or so documents. It is possible to highlight in phrase
easily
using seach and replace in a single doc, but is it possible to apply the
same
search to multiple documents? and if so how.
Thanks

Hi Graemis

This article shows you how to do this with a Word VBA macro

Find & ReplaceAll on a batch of documents in the same folder
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm

If you are unfamiliar with VBA macros, this article may help you work out
how to use it

hat do I do with macros sent to me by other newsgroup readers
to help me out?
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CreateAMacro.htm

--
Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dano Dano is offline

Hi,

I managed to get this working, but it does not update occurrences in the
header/footer or document properties - is that possible?

thanks

Dan

"Jonathan West" wrote:

"Graemis" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The macro at http://www.gmayor.com/batch_replace.htm will replace the text
anywhere in the documents, but does not address document properties. Tell us
more about what you want to change in the document properties.