Rhino

Default Changing Page layout

I have a 10 page word document. All the pages except the first one have page
numbers, these are important as I have a table of contents on page 2 of the
document. On Page 9 I need to insert a gif file. The problem is this needs
to be in landscape, not portrait. I can do this by insering a section break.
The problem is that is means pages 9 and 10 do not have page numbers, and
more importantly the headings do not feed through to the table of contents on
page 2 which is of course before the section break. Is there a way to change
this to portrait, on just one page without it interfering with anything else?
Margaret Aldis

There are two different issues here - showing the page number on the page,
and showing the headings (and their page numbers) in the TOC. Sections are
significant for the first but not for the second.

For the first problem, to get page numbers displaying on the landscape pages
you need to uncheck 'Different First Page' (File Page setup layout) for
the landscape section - that will avoid the first page header or footer
coming from page 1 of your document. It sounds like you may also need to
change the header (or footer) format on these pages, by unlinking (so it is
not same as previous) and editing it for this section. See

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...apeSection.htm

The second problem (getting the page numbers into the TOC) isn't dependent
on getting the page numbers displayed on the pages, but it is dependent on
what TOC settings you have. If you are building the TOC from the built-in
headings, then headings in the landscape section will be included provided
you are using the same heading styles - you'll need to update your TOC (not
just page numbers) to see them if you've only just entered them.

If you've used different styles in the landscape section, you need to add
those styles to your TOC definition, either by making sure they have the
right "Outline Level" or by adding them explicitly to the TOC. Explore the
TOC dialog and options and post again if you have difficulties.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP