Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Adrica Adrica is offline

Default How do I lock the lines of a table?

I am using a table to create a form. The only problem is that after
protecting the form the "enter" key still makes the cursor go to the next
line within the same cell. How do I prevent it from doing it so?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Set a fixed height for the relevant table row(s). Right-click the Table, and
choose Table Properties from the menu. On the Row tab, click "Specify
height," and type the desired value. Then choose "Exactly" for "Row height
is."

Alternatively, if you want a macro solution, see the following KB article:

How to code the ENTER key to move between form fields in a protected form in
Word
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211219/en-us

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Adrica" wrote:

I am using a table to create a form. The only problem is that after
protecting the form the "enter" key still makes the cursor go to the next
line within the same cell. How do I prevent it from doing it so?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tom Conrad Tom Conrad is offline

A caution:

A table row with a fixed height, does not limit the text length that can be
entered into a cell. It is possible to enter excess text, within the cell,
which becomes hidden text. This text will not print, and is only visible when
the cell height is resized.

This can also happen with text boxes. Many business, and academics have been
bitten by hidden text, that should not have made the final document.

Tom C

"Adrica" wrote:

I am using a table to create a form. The only problem is that after
protecting the form the "enter" key still makes the cursor go to the next
line within the same cell. How do I prevent it from doing it so?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

"Tom Conrad" wrote:

A caution:

A table row with a fixed height, does not limit the text length that can be
entered into a cell. It is possible to enter excess text, within the cell,
which becomes hidden text. This text will not print, and is only visible when
the cell height is resized.

Assuming that this is a protected document in versions prior to Word 2007,
the purpose of the table cells is to accomplish exactly what you are
describing.

This can also happen with text boxes.

Note that text boxes cannot be used in a document protected for forms.

Many business, and academics have been
bitten by hidden text, that should not have made the final document.

Good point. It is easy to forget that what cannot (currently) be seen, can
still exist in a document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Tom C

"Adrica" wrote:

I am using a table to create a form. The only problem is that after
protecting the form the "enter" key still makes the cursor go to the next
line within the same cell. How do I prevent it from doing it so?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tom Conrad Tom Conrad is offline

Thanks,

I read to fast and missed "protected form".
My knowledge of form creation in Word is limited.

--
Tom Conrad

=====