Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BG BG is offline

Default Replaced picture does not inherit prior picture characteristics

On occasion I have noticed that I can open a Word document containing an
in-line picture and paste another picture that is obviously of a different
size on top of the existing picture and the new picture will be placed in the
document while taking on the characteristics - size most notably - of the
previously inserted picture.

On other occasions I note that this does not happen and each time I replace
a picture the new picture must be resized and otherwise adjusted to fit in
the document page.

I work with Visio and Word quite a bit and use the Visio "Copy Drawing"
feature to grab an image of the drawing to insert into my Word documents.
When the Word feature I describe above is active it makes this task soooo
much easier.

So, is there a Word setting that controls this behavior?