The Houston Texan

Default Defragment of disk

Hello There,

Sorry to disturb you i was wondering if you had a answer for my problem. I
have tried to defrag the system but it tells me that the mmc cant open file
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DFRG.MSC
I dont know what to do. IF you have a solution i would really appreciate it
very much.

The Texas
Ben Juarez

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Hi zodi

If this is an example of the places you've looked, I'm not surprised that
you didn't get an answer. This newsgroup is for questions about Microsoft
Word, and defrag is quite off-topic.

To help you along, though: On the Start menu, click Programs, Accessories,
System Tools, Disk Defragmenter. Select the disk to work on and click the
Defragment button.

Or open Windows Explorer, right-click the icon of the disk, select
Properties, and click the Tools tab of the dialog. Then click the Defragment
Now button near the bottom.

Be prepared to wait a long time...

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

zodi wrote:
Can anyone help me as to how to defragment a disk. I have looked
everywhere that i can think and can't seem to get an answer. Please
help. Thank