Learning to Use Word 2007 as a Blind Person

Old December 7th 09, 07:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
joe.haiku

Default Learning to Use Word 2007 as a Blind Person

I'm transitioning from Word 2000 to 2007 and would like to know if there's a
way for a blind user like me using the screen-reading program called JAWS 10
)from Freedom Scientific) to learn Word 2007 quickly and thoroughly. Thank
you for your feedback!
Old December 8th 09, 06:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

I don't mean to be dismissive, but sighted people have a lot of trouble
making the transition from the older Word interface to that of 2007. I don't
know anything about the screen reading program, but frankly I don't see it
helping you learn 2007 *quickly*. It took me over a year to become
comfortable with 2007 and I still refer back to Word 2003 to perform some
more complex tasks.

Furthermore Word 2007 has some miserable failings - particularly with its
intuitiveness and (especially compared with Word 2000) its ability to
perform mail merge. Autotext - which might be of real use to someone with
your disability - has been expanded, but ruined through its lack of
autocomplete. It's new interface is more about presentation than content
(bull**** baffles brains as they say in the military) and I fear that would
be lost to you.

One major consolation is that if you are familiar with Word keyboard
shortcuts, most of them will still work as before as shouold most of your
macros. Good luck, but unless you really need to change, I would be tempted
not to.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old August 25th 20, 09:38 AM
CecilFitzgerald CecilFitzgerald is offline
Banned

You can learn everything using the internet. Now the internet has everything. I even learned how to write an essay with the help of tutorials from a service similar to this cheap essay writing service australia, and that is why i believe that with the help of special courses or just a request to google, you can learn everything you need.