Text Form Field Calculation

Old August 27th 20, 03:05 PM
SaraWitch SaraWitch is offline

Default Text Form Field Calculation

Hello all,

I have a budget form where I want to calculate the expenditure and income, with a total of what's left. I have set up text form fields (E1 to E38 for expenditure which is on the first page and I1 to I8 which is on the second page), but they are not calculating. I have calculated on exit and have the following formulas in the Expression boxes:

Page 1 - E1 to E38

Page 2 - I1 to I8

Page 2 - Incoming (Expression =Sum(E1:E38))
Outgoing (Expression =Sum(I1:I8))
Total (Expression =Incoming-Outgoing))

I hope this makes sense! And I can't work out why it's not working! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ta muchly, folks!
Old August 27th 20, 03:14 PM
SaraWitch SaraWitch is offline

Okay, so I have been playing and have changed I1, etc, to Income1 and calculated as =Sum(Income1,Income2,Income3, etc...). However, as I have quite a few in Expenditure, is there a quick way of adding many fields, rather than typing them all out?
Old August 27th 20, 03:25 PM
SaraWitch SaraWitch is offline

Unhappy

So I have gone through all the expenditure and change these to Exp1, etc., but now the total isn't working! Incoming is correctly calculating as 38, Expenditure as 8, but the total is showing as 60, not 30!