Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Igor G. Igor G. is offline

Default Time field format

I have problem with formatting time fields:

Example:
30.12.1899 7:00:00
....i want to display: 7:00

I try with this code: MERGEFIELD "Time" \@ "HH:mm"
Source is MS Query.
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I think the problem in this case is that Word does not recognise the
incoming value 30.12.1899 7:00:00 as a date/time and does not even try to
apply the format that you specified.

What is the data source that you are accessing via MS Query? Which version
of Word are you using?

Peter Jamieson

"Igor G." wrote in message
I have problem with formatting time fields:

Example:
30.12.1899 7:00:00
...i want to display: 7:00

I try with this code: MERGEFIELD "Time" \@ "HH:mm"
Source is MS Query.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Is there a reason why you cannot connect directly to the data source (i.e.
without using MS Query?)

Peter Jamieson

"Igor G." wrote in message
I have problem with formatting time fields:

Example:
30.12.1899 7:00:00
...i want to display: 7:00

I try with this code: MERGEFIELD "Time" \@ "HH:mm"
Source is MS Query.
Thanks!

Format Date and Time to show Military Time AlanFD Microsoft Word Help 2 September 22nd 06 10:44 PM
can I change time field settings to 24hr clock format in mail merg Dic@nutana Mailmerge 2 March 7th 06 07:25 AM
Time Format Andy Mailmerge 2 June 13th 05 12:34 PM
how do i delete "time" from date/time merge field in mail merge? 3kmom Mailmerge 1 April 7th 05 07:50 AM
Time line format Boss is Bugging me Microsoft Word Help 1 January 20th 05 06:37 PM