Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
illtex illtex is offline

Default Mailmerge Fields appear Gray in Document

My mail merge command fields in word document looks like this

«Title»
«Company»

However, after merging with excel database, message appears saying that,
"Word found locked fields during update." How do I fix?

Also, the name and address information in merged document have gray
background, while rest of document is normal. Any thoughts on how to fix?

Thanks

Michael
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Have you actually executed the merge to a new document, or are you just
previewing the results? If there really are locked fields in the mail
merge main document, use Ctrl+A to select everything and then use
Ctrl+Shift+F11 to unlock the fields.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"illtex" wrote in message
My mail merge command fields in word document looks like this

«Title»
«Company»

However, after merging with excel database, message appears saying that,
"Word found locked fields during update." How do I fix?

Also, the name and address information in merged document have gray
background, while rest of document is normal. Any thoughts on how to fix?

Thanks

Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I do not think that you have actually executed the merge. If you execute
the merge to the printer, the shading will not appear, UNLESS shading has
been applied via the FormatBorders and Shading dialog.