Adam

Default no info about a tracked change when pointer hovers over change

When I place my mouse pointer over a tracked change in Word 2002, the info
does not appear in a small balloon. I do not know exactly when I lost this
capability - the info used to appear when I hovered my mouse pointer over the
tracked change. My mouse and Word work, otherwise. Any suggestions?

Cynthia

When I was testing 2002, I asked SLoan Crayton about being able to set up things with footnotes like you would do margins in page setup. Reason was that at work, we did footnotes in tables, and for whatever reason, the row would break across the page leaving a wide white space with no table on it when in fact, there was plenty of room for the rows and the footnotes. The only workaround at the time that I had was to use endnotes. I had other suggestions but don't know for sure whether or not those were incorporated in 2003 or not. Since I did not get RTM, I have to save my pennies (hard on a fixed income) to get my upgrades (Word and Front Page).

Word 2002 had a problem with showing ScreenTips for footnotes, and this may
be more of the same. The solution in the footnote case was to turn the
Document Map on and then back off (don't ask!).

all may benefit