Jeff C

Default Insert 2nd Document with different styles as Appendix

I have a large corporate document already outline formatted with several
appendices. I have a second 30 page document created independently, outline
formatted, different styles of course. I want to insert this second document
as the last appendix (there are already 6). Can I do it preserving it's
style format or will it assume the new style format of the master document
and can someone offer guidence on this? Master document already has section
breaks etc. Thank you very much.
Shauna Kelly

Hi Jeff

If you have Word 2002 or Word 2003, using the PasteOptions button to retain
the original formatting may be the way to go.

For more information, see
Why does text change format when I copy it into another document?
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/styl...xtChanges.html

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.

"Jeff C" wrote in message
I have a large corporate document already outline formatted with several
appendices. I have a second 30 page document created independently,
outline
formatted, different styles of course. I want to insert this second
document
as the last appendix (there are already 6). Can I do it preserving it's
style format or will it assume the new style format of the master document
and can someone offer guidence on this? Master document already has
section
breaks etc. Thank you very much.

Jeff C

Thank you for your reply....I have the document inserted but I cannot seem to
get the table of contents to match. The TOC that covers the inserted
document has the same font for the second level as the first. The first
level matches the first level of the master document. When I have the
"Format" Styles open on there are over a 100 displayed. Can anyone guide me
in a repair of this situation? Thank You.

"Jeff C" wrote in message
I have a large corporate document already outline formatted with several
appendices. I have a second 30 page document created independently,
outline
formatted, different styles of course. I want to insert this second
document
as the last appendix (there are already 6). Can I do it preserving it's
style format or will it assume the new style format of the master document
and can someone offer guidence on this? Master document already has
section
breaks etc. Thank you very much.

Shauna Kelly

Hi Jeff

I'm not sure that I understand what the problem is.

I have the document inserted

Good

but I cannot seem to
get the table of contents to match.

Match what? That is: do you want this TOC to match another TOC? This TOC to
match the formatting of the headings that it is summarizing?

The TOC that covers the inserted
document has the same font for the second level as the first.

Mmmmm... I assume that's not a problem.

The first
level matches the first level of the master document.

Mmmmm... I assume that's not a problem.

(I do hope you don't really mean "Master Document". If so, read the
following:
Why Master Documents corrupt
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...ocsCorrupt.htm
How to recover a Master Document
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...MasterDocs.htm)

When I have the
"Format" Styles open on there are over a 100 displayed.

Is that a problem? If I invoke some of my psychic abilities and try to guess
what the problem might be, then there are two possible causes:
1. There are over 100 styles. If so, and you want to show only some of them,
use the Show list at the bottom of the Styles and Formatting pane, choose
Custom, and then choose the styles you want to display.

2. See Big Idea 4 at
How the Styles and Formatting pane works in Word 2002 and 2003
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/sfpa...ttingPane.html

Can anyone guide me
in a repair of this situation?

I'm not sure I understand what the situation is that is causing the problem.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.