SharronTucker

Default Mailmerge with Excel spreadsheet switches columns to display

I have tried to mailmerge with an excel spreadsheet that has columns in order
of lastname,firstname,streetaddress1,streetaddress2,c ity,state,zip. When
word brings up the spreadsheet columns for me to pick which records I want to
merge, it has rearranged the columns to start with streetaddress1 and so
forth until the lastname and firstname are the last columns. This then
requires me to scroll to the end to see the name and then back to the check
box to check or uncheck the box to include the person in the mail merge. HELP
Doug Robbins

This might have something to do with the way Word is attaching the data
source. From the Tools menu, select Options and then go to the General tab
and check the box before "Confirm conversions at open" After doing that,
when you attach the data source, you will be prompted for the method of
connection to use. Try using the DDE option.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP