Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sandals Sandals is offline

Default Include Chapter numbers and page numbers in TOC

I am using Information Mapping software format for creating a User Guide and
I am having problems inserting chapter numbers with the page numbers in my
Table of Contents. The field code is toc \o "1-4" \h. I have managed to
include the chapter numbers and page numbers in my Footers by using seq but
this does not work for the TOC
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Add the \s "SEQ_field_identifier_here" switch to the TOC field code.
For example, if you fields are { SEQ mychapter }, you would add \s
"mychapter" to the TOC field code. Update the TOC field.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sandals" wrote in message
I am using Information Mapping software format for creating a User

Guide and
I am having problems inserting chapter numbers with the page numbers

in my
Table of Contents. The field code is toc \o "1-4" \h. I have

managed to
include the chapter numbers and page numbers in my Footers by using

seq but
this does not work for the TOC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sandals Sandals is offline

Dear Stefan

Thanks this is just marvellous. You dont know how I have battled to get
this to work

thanks again

"Sandals" wrote in message
I am using Information Mapping software format for creating a User

Guide and
I am having problems inserting chapter numbers with the page numbers

in my
Table of Contents. The field code is toc \o "1-4" \h. I have

managed to
include the chapter numbers and page numbers in my Footers by using

seq but
this does not work for the TOC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline