Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
highwing highwing is offline

Default Office 2003 service pack 3 causing errors whenever editing Word

Downloaded Office 2003 service pack 3, and now Word or Wordpad items create
an error whenever any key is hit. I would like to delete the service pack,
but MS does not allow for this. I assume this is the cause since the effect
started the day I loaded the service pack. Anyone with this, or better yet a
solution. I have tryed to reload Office and my XP, to which I get the
expected"do you know you have an older version....."
Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pahrahinc pahrahinc is offline

I had a similar problem and I contacted Symantec (I use Norton Internet
Security 2005) They extracted "Adware.WebSearch" from my PC and everything
worked fine after that, however, I deleted all of my WORD Docs prior to this
as they had what appeared to be squiggles similar to foreign or Japanese
writing on them. My Microsoft WORD was in suspense with a DPE file which I
had to delete before I could open WORD. I hope this might help!