Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alex T Alex T is offline

Default Autotext footer - filename not working

I can't get filename to show on footer. I've renamed normal.dot then
restarted work and still receive same problem - from dropdown autotext menu
select "filename" and all that shows is the word filename. I'm using word
2003
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Have your toggled the field code to display results instead of text
(ALT+F9)?

--
Greg Maxey - Word MVP

My web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

"Alex T" Alex wrote in message
I can't get filename to show on footer. I've renamed normal.dot then
restarted work and still receive same problem - from dropdown autotext
menu
select "filename" and all that shows is the word filename. I'm using word
2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alex T Alex T is offline

Yes...it works for the other settings like Page# (i.e. flips the diplay to
either the actual # or displays "PAGE" but filename stays the same.

"Alex T" Alex wrote in message
I can't get filename to show on footer. I've renamed normal.dot then
restarted work and still receive same problem - from dropdown autotext
menu
select "filename" and all that shows is the word filename. I'm using word
2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Could your autotext entry be corrupt? What happen if you press Ctrl+F9 to
create a new pair of field braces, type in filename, right click, update
field, toggle field code?

If that works then you should redefine your AutoText entry.