billybob

Default What is this?

In word 2002, every time I have need to type a double "ll" or an "l"
followed by an "i", I get this burnt orange highlight on those letters. I
probably caused it in some way, but what will correct it?

Herb Tyson [MVP]

Can you describe the exact nature of the formatting? The only things I can
think of, off hand, that might cause letters you type to suddenly acquire
formatting would be:

a) an AutoCorrect entry -- see if you have entries for ll and li that are
set up to reinsert those letters with specific formatting;

b) some kind of add-in, although I'm baffled as to what purpose this
specific behavior would accomlish;

c) a virus of some kind; make sure you A/V software is up to date and scan
your hard drive(s) for infections

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"billybob" wrote in message
In word 2002, every time I have need to type a double "ll" or an "l"
followed by an "i", I get this burnt orange highlight on those letters. I
probably caused it in some way, but what will correct it?

Stan Brown

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 01:55:37 -0400, "billybob"
wrote:

In word 2002, every time I have need to type a double "ll" or an "l"
followed by an "i", I get this burnt orange highlight on those letters. I
probably caused it in some way, but what will correct it?

Does it show up on Print Preview? I wonder if it's perhaps an
artifact of your screen. If you're running a laptop or other LCD
screen, try adjusting your Clear Type settings.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"My theory was a perfectly good one. The facts were misleading."
-- /The Lady Vanishes/ (1938)
Joe Fisher

wrote:

In word 2002, every time I have need to type a double "ll" or an "l"
followed by an "i", I get this burnt orange highlight on those letters. I
probably caused it in some way, but what will correct it?

Does it show up on Print Preview? I wonder if it's perhaps an
artifact of your screen. If you're running a laptop or other LCD
screen, try adjusting your Clear Type settings.

I bet that's it Stan. I had adjusted my Clear Type setting some time ago.
The text was clear, but whenever I looked on a newsgroup. (I use OE for a
newsreader), the bold unread message part that has the number would be red
underlined.

--
Joe Fisher
Teacher, K-8

billybob

Stan, Joe, and Herb, that indeed seems to be the solution. Thanks a lot,
guys...I've never encountered that one before.