footnoter

Default How do I make footnote numbers superscript?

My footnote numbers are appearing as regular size numbers in my text and in
the footnotes themselves. I want them to be superscript. What do I do?

By default, the Footnote Reference and Endnote Reference styles *are*
superscript. It would appear that your Footnote Reference style has been
modified.

1. If you have Word 2000 or earlier, go to Format | Style, select Footnote
Reference, click Modify..., then Format | Font, and check Superscript. OK
out.

2. If you have Word 2002 or 2003, select Custom for Show at the bottom of
the Styles and Formatting task pane, click Styles... in the Format Settings
dialog, and then proceed as in (1).