Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
abMHSAA abMHSAA is offline

Default How do I modify the auto complete list in Word 2007

In Word 2003, our users could modify the list of things that autocomplete,
such as the name of our company or their names. I cannot locate the function
in Word 2007. Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The autocomplete feature that used Autotext information has been dropped from Word 2007. It's all been moved into the Quick Parts
Building Block features. You can still use the Autotext feature to hit the F3 key to complete a replacment and Autocorrect is still
available.

=============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
abMHSAA abMHSAA is offline

Is there any method whereby the text will autocomplete. I work for the
Michigan High School Athletic Association. In Word 2003, once I type Mi, the
remainder can be automatically inserted by pressing the enter key. I have a
building (23 people) of angry people. Why on earth would Microsoft eliminate
such a useful function? I've read many posts on many other message boards.
This is clearly a major mistake. By the way, I do like the remainder of the
product, but this is a severe issue.

"abMHSAA" wrote in message ...
In Word 2003, our users could modify the list of things that autocomplete,
such as the name of our company or their names. I cannot locate the function
in Word 2007. Please help.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can still force the insertion by typing Mi and pressing F3.
Incidentally, I doubt that "Mi" would trigger an AutoText entry (it could be
used for an AutoCorrect entry), as the name of an AutoText entry must be at
least four characters long (and unique) for AutoComplete to fire.

"abMHSAA" wrote in message

In Word 2003, our users could modify the list of things that

autocomplete,
such as the name of our company or their names. I cannot locate the

function
in Word 2007. Please help.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BK BK is offline

I am unable to get AutoComplete to fire after four characters have been
entered. F3 works, but that was not necessary in Word 2003 (and how can you
remember which words have are in the database to push F3?). I also do not see
an easy way to migrate the AutoText entries from 2003 to 2007 without typing
each entry in a new doc then highlighting and adding to the Building Block
Gallery manually.

Brian
Word aficionado

"abMHSAA" wrote in message

In Word 2003, our users could modify the list of things that

autocomplete,
such as the name of our company or their names. I cannot locate the

function
in Word 2007. Please help.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you actually read the previous replies? The AutoComplete feature is not
present in Word 2007.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can still force the insertion by typing Mi and pressing F3.
Incidentally, I doubt that "Mi" would trigger an AutoText entry (it

could be
used for an AutoCorrect entry), as the name of an AutoText entry must be

at
least four characters long (and unique) for AutoComplete to fire.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"abMHSAA" wrote in message

In Word 2003, our users could modify the list of things that

autocomplete,
such as the name of our company or their names. I cannot locate the

function
in Word 2007. Please help.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Technically, AutoComplete is still present in Word 2007 - it works for
dates. It just isn't connected to Autotext any more.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Did you actually read the previous replies? The AutoComplete feature is
not
present in Word 2007.

so
all may benefit.