Noel S Pamfree

Default Word 2002 Mailmerge-gives wrong font size

I am merging a word document with names from a class list in Excel.

The word template has the fields set to Point Size 12 and the text in the
Excel worksheet is also in Point Size 12.

How come that when it merges it suddenly becomes Point Size 20?

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Noel

Noel S Pamfree

I learned a lot today as I never knew about Alt F9 and Field Codes.

It works a treat.

I also discovered that my original problem was caused by the guy who set up
the template. I did not spot he had used the 'Style and Formatting' box and
set it to 'Subtitle +Left' which appears to be in Point Size 20.

Many thanks for the help!

Noel

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Have you tried adding a \* Charformat switch to your merge field?

so
all may benefit.

"Noel S Pamfree" wrote in message
I am merging a word document with names from a class list in Excel.

The word template has the fields set to Point Size 12 and the text in the
Excel worksheet is also in Point Size 12.

How come that when it merges it suddenly becomes Point Size 20?

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Noel

Yikes!

"Noel S Pamfree" wrote in message
I learned a lot today as I never knew about Alt F9 and Field Codes.

It works a treat.

I also discovered that my original problem was caused by the guy who set

up
the template. I did not spot he had used the 'Style and Formatting' box

and
set it to 'Subtitle +Left' which appears to be in Point Size 20.

Many thanks for the help!

Noel

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Have you tried adding a \* Charformat switch to your merge field?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.