Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
binar binar is offline

Default Drawing / Picture Box Text Wrapping Problem. Please Help

Fellow Forum Members,
My Manual is being done using Word 2003. It has a TOP and BOTTOM margin of 1
inch in the Headers And Footers mode. In addition, all of my graphics are
inside a drawing box. The Text Wrapping I have for all my drawing boxes is
set to "TOP and BOTTOM".

The problem I'm having is that I'm wasting a lot of time monkeying around
with positioning the big drawing boxes. For some reason they tend to
magnetise themselves to the top edge of the paper. This doesn't make sense
to me because it sticks itself to the top edge of the paper and not to the
bottom of the 1 inch HEADER I have setup. Why does the picture / drawing box
ignore the 1 inch Header and behave like a magnet to the top edge of the
paper? How can I setup a header that will prevent this from happening? Or
how do I adjust the picture / drawing box Top and Bottom Text Wrapping to
stop sticking to the top edge of the paper? I tried .5" setting for the TOP
and this does not prevent the picture / drawing box from sticking to the top
edge of the paper. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Set the wrapping on your drawing canvas as Square and its position as Top
Relative to Margin. FWIW, I don't even see Top and Bottom as a wrapping
option for drawing canvases. Alternatively, if you want your canvas to
remain in a given location relative to text, format it as In Line With Text
(keeping in mind that you may need to move some text in its vicinity when
editing is complete).

"binar" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
binar binar is offline

Suzanne,
Thanks for the tip. If you click on the ADVANCED button in the Format
Drawing Dialog box the TOP and BOTTOM option is located on the right.

I have tried out your Square option. It does fix the problem with the top of
the drawing canvas sticking to the top edge of the paper, BUT it creates
another problem. It does not flow very well with the text. If I set it
relative to margin the Flow with Text checkmark turn off after you hit OK.

The "IN LINE WITH TEXT" option is the option I should be using, BUT I can't
because my Drawing Canvas boxes are pasted within a style of text that has a
paragraph left margin indent of 1.25 inches. Therefore, the result I get is a
drawing canvas box that hides off the page on the right side. There is no
way to center it on the center of the page and have it However, this option
acknowlegdes the existance of a Header and Footer.

"binar" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Create a new paragraph style for the drawing canvases? Or just use Normal
style?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Set the wrapping on your drawing canvas as Square and its position as

Top
Relative to Margin. FWIW, I don't even see Top and Bottom as a wrapping
option for drawing canvases. Alternatively, if you want your canvas to
remain in a given location relative to text, format it as In Line With

Text
(keeping in mind that you may need to move some text in its vicinity

when
editing is complete).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"binar" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
binar binar is offline

Thanks for the tip. Creating a paragraph style just to contain drawing boxes
is probably the way to go. It will allow me to use the IN LINE WITH TEXT
option and work around the problem