Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ivory_kitten

Default show/hide section depending on number of pages in section

any ideas on how to do this?

Our template prints double sided, however depending on customisations,
section 1 is either 2 pages or 3 pages. If it's 3 pages then I need to add a
4th page (blank - and also a new section) before the printing continues on to
the next section.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ivory_kitten

This does not work, it does update the page numbers, but does not include a
blank page when printing.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Check the Insert Break options: you can specify Even/Odd page section
breaks.

"ivory_kitten" wrote in message
any ideas on how to do this?

Our template prints double sided, however depending on customisations,
section 1 is either 2 pages or 3 pages. If it's 3 pages then I need to
add a
4th page (blank - and also a new section) before the printing continues on
the next section.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

It doesn't show the blank page in Print layout, but it does in Print
Preview, and it will output a blank page to the printer. Unless your printer
has a setting to ignore blank pages.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Check the Insert Break options: you can specify Even/Odd page section
breaks.

"ivory_kitten" wrote in message
any ideas on how to do this?

Our template prints double sided, however depending on customisations,
section 1 is either 2 pages or 3 pages. If it's 3 pages then I need to
add a
4th page (blank - and also a new section) before the printing continues
on
the next section.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ivory_kitten

I did a Print Preview and it does not show a blank page before section 2, and
it definitely does not print out like that either, and our printer does not
have that option.

Let me make sure I am doing this correctly:

My Section 1 has 3 pages and i want section 2 to start on page 5, so at the
end of section 1 I insert a Section Break (Odd Page)?

"Jezebel" wrote:

Check the Insert Break options: you can specify Even/Odd page section
breaks.

"ivory_kitten" wrote in message
any ideas on how to do this?

Our template prints double sided, however depending on customisations,
section 1 is either 2 pages or 3 pages. If it's 3 pages then I need to
add a
4th page (blank - and also a new section) before the printing continues
on
the next section.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ivory_kitten

Ok, i figured out why it doesn't work!

Because I have page numbers for both the sections and section 2's page
numbers start again at 1 (which is an odd number) it is not inserting the
blank page, how do I have page numbers and have it leave a blank page in
between? I'd imagine that using an even page break would mess up my page
numbers?

"Jezebel" wrote:

Check the Insert Break options: you can specify Even/Odd page section
breaks.

"ivory_kitten" wrote in message
any ideas on how to do this?

Our template prints double sided, however depending on customisations,
section 1 is either 2 pages or 3 pages. If it's 3 pages then I need to
add a
4th page (blank - and also a new section) before the printing continues
on
the next section.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

The trick for this is to to have the sections continue numbering from the
previous section, then use a little field trickery to get the page number
display as you want it for the subsequent sections --

1. Bookmark something on the first page of the section (such as the initial
heading).

2. In place of your current page numbers, use a nested field: { = {PAGE} -
{ PAGEREF [BOOKMARK] } + 1 }

Section Pages Ross Payne New Users 2 April 21st 05 10:28 PM
Number of pages excluding content pages Number of pages excluding content pages Microsoft Word Help 4 January 11th 05 02:21 PM
section page numbers in heading and total page number in footing Desparate Word user Microsoft Word Help 4 January 7th 05 10:01 PM
How to insert Page No of No of "Section" Pages Eli75 Microsoft Word Help 11 November 29th 04 06:47 PM