Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jo Ansell

Default My word document ruler doesn't start from the edge of the page

i have a word document and the ruler starts about 2 cms into the document and
then it also adds a margin, and so i have too much white space on the right
hand side of the page. Does anyone know how to reset the ruler to get the
margin to start from the edge of the page rather than a couple of centimetres
in?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae Drysdale

Are you viewing the document in Print Layout (View|Print Layout), and have
usually viewed in Normal view (View|Normal)
--
Rae Drysdale

"Jo Ansell" wrote:

i have a word document and the ruler starts about 2 cms into the document and
then it also adds a margin, and so i have too much white space on the right
hand side of the page. Does anyone know how to reset the ruler to get the
margin to start from the edge of the page rather than a couple of centimetres
in?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DonD

I'm having the same prob. The ruler is shorter than the paper. I have a huge
r-margin in the print view (blank). The ruler is normal scale, but the paper
is way large. Looks like the paper and the ruler are out of sync. The track
changes had been used by the previous author. Funny how much "stuff" this guy
created. I have to revise his "stuff" daily, there's always something new.
You don't know how tricky Word is until you revise an amateurs work (actually
uses spaces instead of setting tabs). I'm sure this is another Microsoft
glitch. Funny how I used Word Perfect in the late '90 and never had any
problems and could even make the boarders on the top row of a table larger
than rest of the table. It tool Word years to allow you to split cells. Even
today Word tables are totally unreliable. You do a little cutting and pasting
and before you know it the formatting of you table is garbage, and theres no
fix.

"Jo Ansell" wrote:

i have a word document and the ruler starts about 2 cms into the document and
then it also adds a margin, and so i have too much white space on the right
hand side of the page. Does anyone know how to reset the ruler to get the
margin to start from the edge of the page rather than a couple of centimetres
in?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DonD

The track changes is on.

Go to tools, track changes (opens toolbar) accept all. The paper will snap
back to normal.

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
page number positioning and format tinaa Page Layout 3 February 4th 06 12:38 AM
Hebrew Suggestions Dannyza Microsoft Word Help 2 November 21st 05 06:12 AM
page number printing on a merged report Print Page # On Merged Report Mailmerge 6 October 17th 05 05:18 AM