Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barrista

Default Toolbar buttons

Every time I close Word all my custom buttons on the tool bar disappear.
This never ever happened in WordPerfect. Is there any way to make Word at
least partly usable? Setting up the toolbars each time I have to use Word is
not a productive use of time.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Is Adobe Acrobat 7.0 installed on the computer? If yes, then the
Acrobat 7.0 Create Adobe PDF toolbar add-in for Word prevents
Word from automatically saving changes to the normal.dot template
(which is where toolbar customizations are stored). See
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/331259.html for several
solutions to the problem.