Linda C.

Default How do I create a style that includes text?

I want to be able to click on a style and have standard language appear in my
document automatically. For instance, if I create a style called
"Instruction" and I choose that style, I might want "PLEASE FOLLOW THESE
INSTRUCTIONS: " to appear in my document. I don't want to have to type or
copy/paste them each time. Is this possible?
Daiya Mitchell

You don't. What you do is create either an AutoText or a formatted
AutoCorrect that includes both the text and the desired style/formatting.
See here for more on how:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoCorrect.htm

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

To a very limited extent you can create a style that includes text: if you
apply "numbering" to a style, you can specify a small amount of text to
precede/follow the number, and you can set the "number style" to "(none)."
But the amount of text permitted is quite limited.

.. .

On 3/1/05 11:03 AM, "Linda C." wrote:

I want to be able to click on a style and have standard language appear

in my
document automatically. For instance, if I create a style called
"Instruction" and I choose that style, I might want "PLEASE FOLLOW THESE
INSTRUCTIONS: " to appear in my document. I don't want to have to type

or
copy/paste them each time. Is this possible?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/