Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LyleB_Austin

Default inserting word documents

I have several documents that I'd like to combine. Each one contains changes
made by several different people. I'd like to preserve these highligted
changes in the combined document. I've tried to simply append one to the
other using cut & paste and 'insert file'. Unfortunately, when I do this,
the entire appended document now appears as a single change to the original
document rather than showing the individual changes that were made to it
before it was appended. If I unprotect the receiving document before
appending, all the changes in the appended document essentially are
'accepted' when I append and appear as original text. Tried to merge, but
guess you can't merge two totally different documents. I immediately get the
"Merged documents contain unmarked changes..." message. (That's another
issue.) Any ideas on how to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier

You are going to need a third party application like from Workshare.
Workshare or Deltaview actually changes the styles of their compared
documents, therefore the styles will carry forward into a new
document.

Another alternative would be to PDF print those documents and then
combine the resulting PDF documents into a single document.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and
questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.

"LyleB_Austin" wrote in
message ...