Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
WAGg WAGg is offline

Default How do i Section a page so that I can use different text in footer

I'm getting an error message when I try to use different text in footers
within the same Word 2000 document. Something about ActiveX and QuadrL (?)
controls could not be activated b/c my security settings were too high.
Isn't that what you always want to hear? That you need to LOWER your
security settings to get a Microsoft product to work? Sheesh!

So does anyone know how I can accomplish?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Inserting Section Breaks so that you can have different footers in a
document should not invoke the use of any ActiveX controls or any other
(QuadrL) software for that matter.

Exactly how are you going about it? Have you considered the use of StyelRef
fields?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"WAGg" wrote in message
I'm getting an error message when I try to use different text in footers
within the same Word 2000 document. Something about ActiveX and QuadrL
(?)
controls could not be activated b/c my security settings were too high.
Isn't that what you always want to hear? That you need to LOWER your
security settings to get a Microsoft product to work? Sheesh!

So does anyone know how I can accomplish?

Thanks.

sidupurla sidupurla is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGg View Post
I'm getting an error message when I try to use different text in footers
within the same Word 2000 document. Something about ActiveX and QuadrL (?)
controls could not be activated b/c my security settings were too high.
Isn't that what you always want to hear? That you need to LOWER your
security settings to get a Microsoft product to work? Sheesh!

So does anyone know how I can accomplish?

Thanks.
Friend, i think its no problem if you want change text in footers or headers.
Because if same format, it should not problem.
I suggest you save in different format, and you open in word 2000.
you can try in word 2003 or word 2007..its better