Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Willy Willy is offline

Default 2007 word document using tab button to navigate through.

I am trying to make a 2007 word document that will be used throughout my
office. What I would like to have is for others to just have to hit the tab
button to go to the next question on the document instead of mousing there.
Is this possible in word...or any other office program?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What you describe is a protected form -
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...nTheBlanks.htm
you may find http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm useful.

Willy wrote:
I am trying to make a 2007 word document that will be used throughout
my office. What I would like to have is for others to just have to
hit the tab button to go to the next question on the document instead
of mousing there. Is this possible in word...or any other office
program?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and
especially the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.
These tutorials describe the use of what in Word 2007 are called "legacy"
form fields; in order to use them, you will need to first enable the
Developer tab (Office Button | Word Options | Popular: Show Developer tab in
the Ribbon); then look in the Controls group on that tab for the Legacy
Controls button which has the Legacy Forms palette. It does not include the
very useful Lock button to protect and unprotect the form, but you can add
this to the QAT from Customize | All Commands.

http://word.mvps.org

"Willy" wrote in message
I am trying to make a 2007 word document that will be used throughout my
office. What I would like to have is for others to just have to hit the
tab
button to go to the next question on the document instead of mousing
there.
Is this possible in word...or any other office program?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Willy Willy is offline

I was able to create the form with drop down boxes that worked, but the tab
feature still doesn't work for me