Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default e-mail document conversion to text from xml or vba/or s or?

I am not sure this has anything to do with Word Fields and Mailmerge, which
is the topic of this grop, but...
a. in my experience, e-tickets are generally either plain text e-mails or
HTML format emails.
b. in that case,
- anyone should be able to open and print them just using their e-mail
software or a browser (which is why they are sent in tht format)
- if you are opening your e-tickets in Outlook, you probably need to ask
this question in an Outlook group
- if you are opening them in something else (e.g. Outlook Express or
Windows Mail), that application should be able to do the formatting on its
own.
- if you have to open an attachment, can you see what the extension of
the attachment is (.htm, .doc, .pdf, ...) ? When you try to open them, are
they opening in Word? Or what?

That said, I have had airline e-tickets that are clearly not formatted in a
way that makes them easy to print on A4 or US Letter paper.

Peter Jamieson
"kendra" wrote in message
Hi, I recently made reservations and confirmation was sent via e-mail, I
had
a difficult time printing my e-tickets out,I don't know if this is due to
my
ineptitude, wrong choice of program,application, and not understanding the
process.. or if it had something to do with security on thier end or
what,but, it took 15 pages to print out what should have been on only a
few;and was formatted really strange, disjointed text boxes inserted at
odd
places -one or two to a page. Also, when I saved the file to see if I
could
correct it later I ran into more problems. I think I still have the
original
copy,but have several newer versions due to the attempt at trying to get
what
should look like a ticket, not a book of half-filled pages ! I've been
successful at printing out tickets from other sources in the past, so what
is
it?
--
''till next time, kendra