Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Perry Rufus Perry Rufus is offline

Default Label default error

In Word 2007, Avery J8160 labels all print incorrectly. It appears the first
line indent has permanently moved into the margin and has now become default.
How do I correct this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I just tried a J8160 label print here on Word 2003 and 2007 (using an HP
Deskjet 5700). There doesn't appear to be any difference in the horizontal
layout at all, but Word 2007 does position the text at the top of the cell
rather than vertically centred as in Word 2003).

Do you have a "horizontal" layout problem or a "vertical" one? And are you
using the Envelopes/Labels function, or the Mailmerge to Envelopes/Labels
function?

In either case, does it look as if the table is in the wrong place (on
screen) or as if the paragraphs are wrongly aligned?

Peter Jamieson
"Perry Rufus" wrote in message
In Word 2007, Avery J8160 labels all print incorrectly. It appears the
first
line indent has permanently moved into the margin and has now become
default.
How do I correct this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Perry Rufus Perry Rufus is offline

Thank you Peter - I am not concerned with the vertical positioning - its the
horizontal that causes the problem - it has the effect of cutting out the
left hand side of the label. I am using the "Envelopes and Labels" function.
The misplaced indent can be rectified manually each time you print a label
by going through "New Document" in the E&L dialogue box and realigning the
indent.
Do you think this is a programming error that can only be resolved by
Microsoft? 2003 always worked perfectly.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The label layout appears to be the same on Word 2003/2007 however I do it.

But since Word uses the Normal paragraph style when it generates the label
layout, could it be that you have redefined the style in your Normal.dotm
template? (I think this does work in a different way from Word 2003)

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
pj pj is offline

I had the same problem printing lables. After learning from the post above
that it may be a corrupt Normal.dotm file, I deleted my Normal.dotm file.
After re-opening Word, my lables print perfectly. Thank you for the good
suggestion.

default label size Carol Page Layout 4 May 18th 06 06:43 PM
Word mass mailing label printing error Traderhorne Mailmerge 1 November 3rd 05 01:45 PM
Custom label setup -- bug or user error? mc510 Page Layout 7 July 17th 05 07:16 PM
Error in label sheet Hans Mailmerge 0 May 8th 05 10:17 PM
Setting Label Default adam Mailmerge 1 March 9th 05 10:30 PM