Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dave Dave is offline

Default next record placement

Merging 2 fields into form letter: Two copies of the letter side by side on 1
page --that's what the stationary requires. I inserted next record in first
copy after the merged fields. Great--second copy has the second record. But
when previewing the next page, the 2nd records fields now appear in the first
copy; sure enough, the 3rd record is in the second copy. etc etc.
Do I need an "if" command here? I've tried putting "next record" in 2nd copy
of the letter to avail.
--
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Previewing will only cause the data source to index by one record at a time
so the data that was displayed in the second letter will now appear in the
first and the data from the third record will now appear in the second
letter.

If you execute the merge (do it to a new document initially if you wish to
verify the above), you should see that the first page contains the letters
for records 1 and 2 and that the second page contains those for records 3
and 4 and so on.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.