Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ed Bloomfield Ed Bloomfield is offline

Default Word 2008 vs Word 2007 mail merge features

I am considering converting my law office to the Mac platform but I rely
heavily on mail merge in Word 2007 for drafting documents. I currently use a
tab delimited text file for my data source as that is the only way Act! will
provide data that can then be used with some of Word's fields such as "if". I
use the "if" field a lot!! But I cannot find any documentation that such a
field exists in Word for Mac (I don't own the 2008 version yet). Can someone
help? Many thanks! Ed
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You might do better asking Mac questions in a Mac Word forum, but I would be
very surprised if the IF field was not included in the Mac Word version.

Ed Bloomfield wrote:
I am considering converting my law office to the Mac platform but I
rely heavily on mail merge in Word 2007 for drafting documents. I
currently use a tab delimited text file for my data source as that is
the only way Act! will provide data that can then be used with some
of Word's fields such as "if". I use the "if" field a lot!! But I
cannot find any documentation that such a field exists in Word for
Mac (I don't own the 2008 version yet). Can someone help? Many
thanks! Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Mac Word 2008 has most of the same field types as Word 2007, including IF
fields, but the documentation of fields in general in the product is at
least as bad as the documentation in Word 2007.

Word 2008 does not have /all/ the field types in Word 2007 - off the top of
my head it lacks ADDRESSBLOCK and GREETINGLINE, but has almost everything
else including new Word 2007 ones such as BIBLIOGRAPHY.

Peter Jamieson