Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Golfergirl Golfergirl is offline

Default Only part of data in Excel field is merged into Word

I am using Office 2007. I successfully inserted merged fields from Excel into
my form in Word. All but one of the fields came out fine. There was one field
I called "notes" (from Excel) that would consist of several lines of
information but when it is brought to Word, only the first few lines are
shown in my document. In the document it displays exactly 2 1/2 lines of
information, then nothing. It's like there is a limit on the inserted field
size in Word. There is plenty of room left on the document to show the entire
"notes" field. Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0003.htm

The DDE method may be enough for you but it can be trouble in Office 2007.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Golfergirl" wrote in message
I am using Office 2007. I successfully inserted merged fields from Excel
into
my form in Word. All but one of the fields came out fine. There was one
field
I called "notes" (from Excel) that would consist of several lines of
information but when it is brought to Word, only the first few lines are
shown in my document. In the document it displays exactly 2 1/2 lines of
information, then nothing. It's like there is a limit on the inserted
field
size in Word. There is plenty of room left on the document to show the
entire
"notes" field. Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

From a friend, Peter Jamieson:

If possible, try ensuring that one of the first 8 cells in the column in
question has more than 255 characters in it (e.g. you may be able to create
a dummy record like that at the beginning of the sheet and then exclude it
from the merge).

(See http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0003.htm for a lengthy explanation)

--
Peter Jamieson