Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DavidGreenwald DavidGreenwald is offline

Default Merging into a table

I know this question has probably been answered numerous times, but I'm
having still having trouble with it: I have a simple table (1 row, 4 columns)
that contains User Name, user name, Telephone Number, telephone number
and I want the merge to add a row in the table for each record (not a page).
How is this done?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Change the mail merge main document type from "Letter" to "Catalog" or in
Word XP and later it is called "Directory"

You must have nothing else in the document other than the one row table
containing the mergefields.

When you execute the merge to a new document, that document will contain a
table with a row of data for each record in the data source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP