Joe Delaney

Default What's happened to my old template files?

I've just upgraded from Office XP to Office 03 and when I click "File" then
"New...." I cannot find my old template files! Where the hell are they?!?
Jay Freedman

Joe Delaney wrote:
I've just upgraded from Office XP to Office 03 and when I click
"File" then "New...." I cannot find my old template files! Where the
hell are they?!?

They should still be where XP put them. The installer for Office 2003 does
not remove them.

In Windows Explorer, go to Tools Folder Options View and make sure "Show
hidden files and folders" is selected. Then search the drive for *.dot
files. The default location is C:\Documents and Settings\your
name\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates but they could be elsewhere.

When you find the location, go into Word's Tools Options File Locations
dialog and set the User Templates item to point to that folder.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman