Mail Merge Help

Default How to convert a mail merge document back to excel after mail mer

After I mail merge to a new document from a Excel data source. I want to
convert this document back to excel with the updated. Is there away to do
this.

Thanks
CyberTaz

I don't understand your question. The merge document changes nothing about
the form doc or the record source used for the merge. It is simply a
'composite' consisting of one copy of the form document for each record in
the record source. In other words, data from the XL file is copied into the
document.

If you need to update the data stored in the XL file, that is where it
should be done. Then do the merge again. Editing the merge document will not
update the XL data file.

HTH |:)

On 8/18/05 1:35 AM, in article
, "Mail Merge Help" Mail
Merge
wrote:

After I mail merge to a new document from a Excel data source. I want to
convert this document back to excel with the updated. Is there away to do
this.

Thanks

Mail Merge Help

Cyber

Say instead of send out the excel spreadsheet to another user, I mail merge
all the data to a word document in a form format, this could be 50 pages. If
the user change/edit on the word document, instead of copy and paste it back
to the original source with the changes, I want to convert this 50 pages back
to excel.

Is there a way to do this.

Thanks

wrote:

After I mail merge to a new document from a Excel data source. I want to
convert this document back to excel with the updated. Is there away to do
this.

Thanks

CyberTaz

Perhaps I'm dense, but I'm still totally unclear on what you are trying to do.

The '50 page doc' doesn't correspond to what a mail merge is used for. It
sounds more like you are trying to _Insert_ an Excel file into a Word doc.

If you need to have someone update the data in a worksheet why not just send
them that instead of trying to put it into Word & back to Excel again?

Even if what you're asking is possible there is always more risk of error
when transferring data back & forth between different file types.

Regards |:)