Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lori S Lori S is offline

Default "h" and "t" allowed in form Number field

Using Word XP, created multiple text form fields of the type Number. If I
type an "h" or a "t" or combination of both in any of the fields, Word allows
these letters; it does not allow other letters. I can type "h", "t", "ht"
"th" "123t", "123h", "123ht" "123th", etc. It makes no difference whether or
not I select a Number Format in the Text Form Field Options dialog box. Is
there a reason this is happening? Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

No. It's one of life's little mysteries.

For the record this odd behaviour varies according to Word version but I
can't remember the details.

--
Enjoy,
Tony